Richard Pelcz is a Co-founder of Contenders Training Studio. His knowledge of physiology and experience as a trainer are a rare combination that contribute to Contenders’ unique and innovative teaching methods. Richard enjoys pushing people to their limits to unleash their full potential while training at Contenders. His passion is coming up with innovative ways to get individuals to reach their full potential.
- Portland WA and BC Golden Gloves boxing champion
- 3rd dan in Tae Kwon Do
- Over 30 years’ of experience in the fitness industry including teaching all levels of taekwondo, tukido as well as leading group fitness and boxing classes
- Certified ISSA personal trainer, sports nutrition coach
- Certified BCRPA group and third age leader
- Certified level 3 boxing coach
What is the passion that drives you at Contenders?
To bring out everyones full potential. Everyone is unique to how they learn and the speed at which they learn at. Each person responds to various coaching methods and the challenge is to try to bring the best out of each person.
Tell us about your teaching philosophy.
My philosophy is to combine the humble and respectful manner of martial arts with the full raw killer instinct of a hunter when in the boxing ring.
Learn. Train. Contend. What does this mean to you?
First, you need to learn the skills, then you need to train to get “fighting fit,” and finally you need to contend by testing your skills either in the ring or in fitness.
Tell us something we don’t know about you.
I love yoga!